The latest version of the all new Android Jelly Bean OS, which numbers at version 4.1.1 has now finally been released out unofficially for the Motorola Xoom Android tablet. Although, this device is soon going to receive an official Jelly Bean firmware update, probably within the coming 5 days, but if you don’t want to wait for it anymore, then you make use of this AOSP based Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM from the Team EOS and flash it up on your device to enjoy all the awesome features of Jelly Bean OS on your Motorola Xoom. This ROM is already seemed to be quite stable, and most of the features are found to be working fine except a few minor bugs or issues. As for now, this AOSP Jelly Bean ROM is only available for the Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi and the 4G US variant, but it should arrive soon for the 3G variant of the device. Now, if you are willing to install this Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware on your Motorola Xoom (Wi-Fi or 4G variant), then here are the steps you will need to follow :
How to Install AOSP Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM / Firmware Update on the Motorola Xoom Android Tablet – Wi-Fi & 4G Variant ?
- First of all, backup all your important data, apps, internet settings (APNs), contact lists, call logs etc. on your tablet using an appropriate application.
- Root and install ClockworkMod recovery on your Motorola Xoom.
- Remove your antivirus, firewall or any other security app from your device if you are having any such application (s) installed.
- Make sure your device is having at least 50% of the total battery backup.
- Download the Jelly Bean ROM for your Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi Variant.
- Download the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM for your Motorola Xoom 4G US Variant.
- Download the Google Apps Package for your Motorola Xoom.
- Turn on USB debugging on your device from here – Settings > Applications > Development.
- Connect your device with the computer using a data cable.
- Transfer the .zip file of the appropriate Jelly Bean and the Google Apps Package or GAPPS onto your tablet’s external SD memory card.
- Now disconnect the device from your computer once both the files are completely transferred onto your SD card.
- Turn off your Xoom and then enter into recovery mode by holding the Power and the Volume Down buttons together for a while, and then the Volume Up button.
- Now select – Wipe Data/Factory Reset and then confirm your selection.
- Now select - Install Zip from SDCard > Choose ZIP from SDCard and then choose the .zip file of the desired Jelly Bean ROM from your SD card. You will now have to confirm the installation of the firmware package by selecting – Yes, Install __.zip.
- After that, just again install the .zip file of the Google Apps Package in the same way you have flashed up the ROM on your device.
- Once you have installed both the .zip files of the ROM and the GAPPS package on your Motorola Xoom using ClockworkMod Recovery, just select – ++++ Go Back ++++ and then - Reboot System Now.
That’s all, you have now installed or flashed this unofficial AOSP based Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM on your Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi or 4G variant. Since, it was built from the official source code of Jelly Bean for AOSP, thus – this ROM seems to be just like a stable firmware. So, you can use it until your device receives an official Jelly Bean firmware update if you are in love with this latest version of the most popular mobile operating system.
This post is about:
- q88b-5s firmware, q88b rom, q88b-5s jelly bean, android tablet firmware package, install android jelly bean on motorola tablet, safe jellybean firmware download for motorola xoom tablet, How to Download Android 4 1 to xoom, q88b-5s 4 1 1 Jelly Bean, q88b-5s jelly bean download software, q88b-5s tablet firmware