Here is a good news for all the users of Acer Iconia Tab A100 as CyanogenMod 10 has been launched for it. All thank goes to XDA Developers Forum member waydownsouth who has brought the installation guide for the same. If you want to enjoy Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your Acer Iconia Tab, then you just need to read this tutorial. I am posting the step by step procedure for the same. But before that, let’s have a look at the limitations of installing this ROM.
What’s Not Working in this CyanogenMod 10 ROM For Acer Iconia Tab A100
- As the ROM is in its initial stages, so there may be some bugs in it.
- Some issues regarding the sound.
- Stock Video Playback.
- H/W rotation lock.
- No support for the ROM, as of now.
How to Install CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM on the Acer Iconia Tab A100
- The process may result in losing all of your data like apps, messages, contacts etc. So first of all take back up of all data to work risk-free.
- Uninstall the antivirus from device (if any).
- Don’t let the power of the device to create any problem for you. So keep your device charged at least 50 percent.
- Install ClockworkMod recovery on your phone.
- Download the zip file of the CM10 ROM for your Acer Iconia Tab A100 here.
- Download the .zip file of the Google Apps Package or GAPPS from here. This package will install Google services like Gmail, Play Store, Google Search etc.
- Make sure to save both the files on internal SD card of phone.
- Press the VOL DOWN + HOME + POWER buttons to enter into the recovery mode.
- Now select the ‘Install Zip From SD Card’ option and choose the .zip file of the ROM from your SD card.
- Select ‘Yes, Install__.zip’ to move on to next step.
- Using ClockworkMod recovery, follow the same procedure and install GAPPS.zip.
- Reboot the phone and now it will be running on CM 10 based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.
Was expecting more steps. Sorry! That’s all. It’s really as simple as 1,2,3. Isn’t it. I have explained the complete procedure step by step. Still, if you face any problem, then ask about it by dropping your comments in the comment box below.