Good news for the users of Verizon & Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus – Google has just released the official Android 4.2.2 based factory image for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Toro) and the Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware based factory image for the Sprint Galaxy Nexus (Toro Plus). Fortunately, these factory images has been made available for download for both the CDMA and 4G LTE versions of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus of Sprint and Verizon Wireless. The Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-i515 & SPH-L700 did get the Android 4.2.2 firmware update officially a while ago via OTA, but if you have not yet got this latest OTA update for your device, then you can make use of these factory images to get your Galaxy Nexus updated to the latest version of JB. Additionally, you can also keep these factory images for safety purposes, for example – if your fimrware gets corrupted, then you can get it back by simply flashing the factory image.
Now let’s begin with the flashing process of Androdi 4.2.2 Jelly Bean factory image / stock firmware on your Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-i515 (Toro):
(1) Make sure you are having the essential ADB drivers installed on your PC along with the important fastboot files.
(2) If you don’t have it, then download it from the web and extract the same on your computer’s desktop.
(3) Now download the Android 4.2.2 based factory image for your Verizon Galaxy Nexus from here – Android 4.2.2 JB (JDQ39).
(4) Extract the downloaded mysid-jdq39-factory-e365033f.tgz image file into your Fastboot folder present in the desktop.
(5) Now reboot your Verizon Galaxy Nexus into bootloader or fastboot mode by pressing & holding these buttons simultaneously together – Volume Up + Volume Down + Power.
(6) Now connect your device with the computer using a USB data cable.
(7) Now open the fastboot folder on your computer and open Command Prompt in that directory by pressing “Shift” and “Right Click” together in a blank space within the folder, and then selecting “Open Command Prompt Here”
(8) Now type the following commands carefully in the CMD window prompted out:
fastboot erase boot fastboot erase cache fastboot erase recovery fastboot erase system fastboot erase userdata
fastboot flash bootloader bootloaderfilename.img
fastboot flash radio radiobasebandfilename.img
fastboot -w update imagefilename.zip
(9) Now replace “bootloaderfilename.img” in the above command with the original file name of the bootloader contain in the factory image. In the same way, replace “radiobasebandfilename.img” with the file name of the baseband on the image, and change “imagefilename.zip” to the original firmware package’s name contained in the factory image.
(10) That’s all, you are done now. You have successfully flashed the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based factory image on your Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-i515.
Now, in order to flash the official Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean based factory image on your Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus SPH-L700, you can simply download the image file from here – Android 4.2.1 JB 4.2.1 (GA02) for Galaxy Nexus Toroplus (Filename: mysidspr-ga02-factory.tgz), and then follow the other steps as mentioned in the procedure above. Let us know if you are facing any problem while flashing these official JB based factory images on your Verizon or Sprint Galaxy Nexus.
This post is about:
- mysid-jdq39-factory-e365033f, android 4 2 2 flAsh, sph l700 galaxy nexus fastboot error, Android image files jelly bean, samsung galaxy nexus sph-l700 baseband download, firmware samsung i515 sprint, how to upgrade radio with rooted sph-l700 4 2 1, galaxy nexus 4 2 2 tgz, how to flash sch-i515, android 4 2 2 iso download