The most popular custom ICS firmware i.e. CyanogenMod 9 or CM9 has finally been released for the all new Samsung Galaxy S3. Although, this is just a nightly CyanogenMod 9 (CM9) Android 4.0.4 ICS ROM / Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S3, but contains only a few issues i.e. the FM Radio is not working, the LED flash cannot be used while using the Camera and Wi-Fi connection sometimes doesn’t work. Now, if you want to install this nightly CM9 ICS ROM on your Galaxy S III, then here are the pre-requirements and steps you will need to follow :
Pre-Requirements to Install CyanogenMod 9 (CM9) Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware / ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
- Make sure the device on which you are going to install this firmware is Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
- You will at first need to root and install ClockworkMod recovery on your Galaxy S3. Well, you can easily perform both of these tasks just by installing the CF-Root Package on your phone. Must check : How to Install CF-Root on Galaxy S3 ?
- Backup your data, contacts, logs & settings of your phone before going to install this CM9 ICS firmware.
- Turn on USB Debugging on your Galaxy S III from here - Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.
- Charge your device’s battery up to at least 50% so that your phone won’t get turned off in the middle of the installation process.
- Disable or uninstall your phone’s antivirus or firewall if you are having any of them installed.
How to Install CyanogenMod 9 (CM9) Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware / ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 ?
- Download the CyanogenMod 9 (CM9) Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware package for your Galaxy S3 on your computer from here – Download Now.
- Download the latest version of Google Apps Package or GAPPS from here – Download Now.
- Now connect your phone with the computer using a USB data cable and transfer both those .zip files onto your device’s SD card.
- Disconnect your device from the computer once those files gets transferred completely onto your SD card.
- Now turn off your Galaxy S3 and enter into recovery mode by pressing these buttons – Volume Up Button + Home Button + Power Button.
- In recovery mode, select & confirm these options one by one - Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache Partition and then – Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Now again, select “Install ZIP from SD Card” and then “Choose ZIP from Internal SD Card”.
- Now browse into your SD card and choose the .zip file of the CM9 ICS firmware or ROM. After that, you will need to confirm your selection and install it straight away.
- You will now need to install the Google Apps Package on your Galaxy S3. So, just go back onto the main menu of CWM and again select “Install ZIP from SD Card” & then “Choose ZIP from Internal SD Card”.
- Now select the .zip file of GAPPS from your device’s SD card and confirm your selection. Google Apps Package will now be installed on your Galaxy S3.
- You are now done. Now, just select “++ Go Back ++” and then “Reboot System Now”.
That’s all, you have now installed this nightly build of CyanogenMod 9 Android 4.0.4 ICS ROM / Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300. So, you are now totally ready to enjoy all those awesome features of CM9 on your Galaxy S3. Keep on enjoying !
This post is about:
- cm9 android 4 0 4 ics firmware download, ics cyanogenmod 9 firmware package download, coldfusionx ics 4 0 4 rom download, download CyanogenMod 9 Android ICS package, Download CyanogenMod 9 ICS ROM, ics cyanogen mod 9 4 0 4 firmware package, download installation package cyanogenmod 9, firmware cyanogenmod 9 for advan, firmware for samsung s3 4 0 4 mid download, gapps cm9 4 0 4 galaxy s3