The final or stable version of the official CyanogenMod 9 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware for LG Optimus One P500 has finally been released recently. So, if you own a LG Optimus One, then you can now download & install this latest version of CM9 based ICS firmware or ROM on your device with the help of the procedures which will soon be mentioned within this article. Well, this is a stable & official CM9 ICS ROM, so chances are less that you shall get bugs & issues in this firmware. So, if you are now ready to flash it on your device, then let’s check out the pre-requisites & the procedures to install this CM9 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware on your LG Optimus One P500 :
Pre-Requirements to Install Official CyanogenMod 9 Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware on LG Optimus One
- Make sure the device on which you are going to install this CM9 firmware is LG Optimus One P500.
- Root your LG Optimus One before going to install this firmware.
- Backup your SD card’s data on your PC before going to apply the firmware on your phone.
- Install a custom recovery on your phone. CWM recovery will work like a charm on your device, thus it is recommended the most.
- Enter into recovery mode on your device by pressing these buttons - Volume Down Button + Home Button + Power Button, and select the “Partition SD Card” option. Then, change the options with these data – swap-size: 64MB, Ext2-size: 300MB and then select “Continue Partitioning”. Now, change the SD option from ext2 to ext3.
- Enable USB-MS toggle on your device and copy ROM.zip as well the GAPPS.zip file.
- Once both those files gets copied, just disable USB-MS toggle.
- Turn on USB debugging on your device from here – Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.
How to Install Official & Stable CyanogenMod 9 (CM9) Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware / ROM on LG Optimus One P500 ?
- Download the official CyanogenMod 9 (CM9) Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware package & Google Apps package on your computer.
- Now connect your device with the computer using a USB data cable & transfer both those downloaded .zip files onto your device SD card or internal memory.
- Once you are done with that, just disconnect your phone from the computer & turn your device off.
- Now enter into recovery mode on your LG Optimus One by pressing these buttons - Volume Down Button + Home Button + Power Button.
- After that, perform a full wipe except the wiping of the SD card while the device is in recovery mode.
- Now select “Flash from ZIP” and choose the ROM file which you had downloaded earlier. After installation of the firmware, your device will be rebooted.
- After that, you will need to flash the Google Apps package or GAPPS on your device. So, follow the same procedures which you had followed in order to flash the firmware on your phone i.e. enter into recovery mode & select the – flash from zip option.
- That’s all, you have now successfully installed the ROM as well the Google Apps package on your LG Optimus One P500.
- Now download & install LINK2SD from the Google Play App Store. After that, open the application, select “ext3″ and reboot.
- Once the phone is restarted, once again open Link2SD and select autolink from preferences.
That’s all buddy, you have done it. The official CyanogenMod 9 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware has now been successfully installed on your LG Optimus One P500. So, you are now ready to enjoy all the features of this official CM9 ICS ROM on your phone. Enjoy it dude !