Being an open source software, Android operating system invites more and more developers to develop apps and games for it. There are many developers who work hard day in and day out to bring custom ROMs for Android devices. If you have got any device from Sony Xperia line-up, then you will be pleased to know that many custom ROMs are available for you. All owners of Sony Xperia devices can use the Flashtool to install/flash custom ROM. This is the fastest and easiest method to install custom ROM on Sony Xperia device. Here’s how to use this tool.
- Take the backup of entire data. Though this is optional, but all out of you who have ever done rooting before, must be familiar with its importance.
- Make sure that the battery is charged for 85 percent at least.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your device. For this, navigate to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and then check the ‘USB Debugging’ there.
- Make sure that you have all necessary USB Drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
Install / Flash Custom ROMs on Sony Xperia Devices Using Flashtool
- The very first step is to download the custom ROM that you wish to install on your Sony Xperia device. Do it.
- Download Flashtool from here and install it on your PC/Laptop.
- Install Flashtool on your PC. Let’s proceed ahead by supposing that you have installed the Flashtool in ‘C’ Drive.
- Now copy the ROM file that you wish to install, and paste it in the ‘Firmwares’ folder of the installed directory. In our case, paste the ROM file to the C:\Flashtool\firmwares folder.
- Launch the Flashtool on your system. Click on Lightning Bolt symbol. You’ll be prompted to select the Bootmode. Select ‘Flashmode’.
- Locate the folder where you have placed the ROM file, in the Source Folder field. You will see the ROM listed in the left column. Select it and then click on ‘Flash’ button.
- You will soon be directed to connect your Sony Xperia device. To do so, turn off your Xperia device. Plug the USB cable to PC/Laptop while pressing and holding the volume down button.
- Flashing process will start. Wait for few minutes for its completion.
- Disconnect your device from computer/laptop and restart it.
That’s it. This is how you can use Flashtool to Install / Flash Custom ROMs on Sony Xperia Devices. Need any assistance? Use the comment box below to get help from us.