The folks over there at MIUI has finally released their first custom Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, with some impressive features and improvements. Just in case, if you are not familiar with MIUI, then let me tell you that it is one of the most popular custom Android ROMs or firmware packages which is based on Android 2.3 Gingerbread, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) and now on the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (JB) OS. Now, the great news is that the first Jelly Bean based MIUI custom ROM has finally been released for the international variant of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (GSM), which is now available for download and is all ready to be flashed on any Galaxy Nexus i9250 device. So, if you are now willing to install this latest MIUI Jelly Bean ROM or firmware on your Galaxy Nexus, then here are the steps you will need to follow :
How to Install MIUI Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Nexus ?
- First and the foremost thing, backup all your contacts, call logs, internet settings or access points, messages and the ROM too using an appropriate tool, if possible, before going to install this firmware package.
- Charge your Galaxy Nexus up to at least 60% so that it won’t get turned off during the setup process.
- Backup all your data from the phone memory as well as from the external SD card.
- Unlock the bootloader of your Galaxy Nexus. Remember that it will delete all your files and folders from the phone and the external memory card. So, backup all your important data before unlocking your device’s bootloader.
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Galaxy Nexus so as to be able to install the ROM on your phone. Alternately, you can also flash and make use of TWRP Recovery instead of CWM, for installing the firmware package. Since this tutorial goes with CWM Recovery, so I will recommend you to go with the same.
- Download the latest version of the MIUI Android 4.1.x Jelly Bean ROM from here – Link.
- Now connect your phone with the computer using a data cable and transfer the downloaded .zip file of the MIUI JB ROM onto your internal or the external SD card.
- After that, disconnect your phone from the computer and turn it off right after it is totally unplugged from the PC.
- Now enter or boot into recovery mode by initially pressing and holding these buttons for a while - Volume Up + Volume Down + Power.
- After that, select - Wipe Data/Factory Reset and then – Wipe Cache Partition, in recovery mode.
- Now select - Install zip from sdcard and then - Choose zip from sdcard while you are already booted into recovery mode.
- You will now have to select the .zip file of the MIUI Jelly Bean ROM from your SD card and then confirm your selection in the next screen to get it flashed on your Galaxy Nexus straight away.
- Once the firmware is installed on your phone, just select - ++++ Go Back ++++ and then – Reboot System Now, to restart your Samsung Galaxy Nexus with this latest Jelly Bean based MIUI ROM installed on your device.
You are now done buddy. You have installed this all new MIUI Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250 – international GSM variant. If you are having problem while installing the firmware package with ClockworkMod Recovery, then just install TWRP Recovery on your phone and then flash up this JB ROM on your device right away.
This post is about:
- MIUI Jellybean 4 1 Firmware Package, rom miui galaxy tab p1000, Can you just download jelly bean 4 1 to your sd card from your phone, miui jb for galaxy note1, miui rom for galaxy note1, miui rom galaxy tab p1000, miui rom on galaxy note1, p1000 jelly bean miui, p1000 miui jellybean, rom miui para galaxy note1