Many Android users have shifted to the Android Jelly Bean by installing either official ROM or custom ones. There is hell lot of new features in Jelly Bean that are absent in ICS or any other version of Android. If you no longer want to use ICS on your LG Lucid VS840, then all you need to do is to read out the guide ahead which will help you in installing CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1.2 custom Jelly Bean ROM on your esteemed device.
If you have ever gone through the task of rooting and custom ROM installation, then only proceed ahead. Though the process mentioned ahead is quite simple to follow, but still, if this is your first time with rooting and custom ROM installation, then better stop here. If you still want to read the process and apply it, then do it at your own risk. We shall not be held responsible for any damage that occur to your device.
- Take the backup of entire data. Though this is optional, but all out of you who have ever done rooting before, must be familiar with its importance.
- Make sure that the battery is charged for 85 percent at least.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your device. For this, navigate to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and then check the ‘USB Debugging’ there.
- Make sure that you have all necessary USB Drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
- Make sure that your device is rooted and the ClockworkMod Recovery is Installed on it.
Install CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on LG Lucid VS840
- Download CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1.2 custom ROM from here.
- Download Google Apps from here.
- Copy both these files, and by connecting your device with PC using the USB cable, paste the files to SD card of your phone. After that, disconnect your phone.
- Switch off your LG Lucid VS840 and start it in Recovery Mode by pressing volume up + home and power buttons together. The screen will go blank on the appearance of LG logo on it for second time. Use the Volume buttons to navigate through the options and Power button to select.
- Navigate to “install zip from SD card” >> “choose zip from sdcard”.
- Select the file from the no. of options available. In these options, look for the ROM file that you downloaded in the first step.
- Once you get it, use the Volume keys to highlight. Confirm the selection by using Power button.
- The installation of the selected file will begin. Wait for few minutes for the completion of installation.
- Install the Google Apps package by following the same procedure.
- Select the option “+++++Go Back+++++” and then “reboot system now”.
- Your LG Lucid VS840 will restart now.
That’s it. You have successfully installed CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on LG Lucid VS840.