The official XXLQ5 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware update for the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 has finally been released in the UK. It was previously rumored that Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware update is not officially going to be rolled for Galaxy S II, but it has now finally been turned out to be false, as the official XXLQ5 Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich has now started to roll out starting from the United Kingdom. Fortunately, the official Android 4.0.4 ICS ROM has now been leaked out from the firmware update which was received by the Galaxy S2 users in the UK, and has now been made available for download for all international Galaxy S II devices. This firmware is seemed to be much faster and smoother as compared to the previously released official Android 4.0.3 ICS firmware, and comes up with some bug fixes & improvements too. So, if you want to update your Galaxy S2 with this latest XXLQ5 Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware, then here are the steps you will need to follow :
How to Install Official XXLQ5 Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware Update / ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 ?
- Before going to install this firmware on your phone, make sure to backup all your apps, data, contacts, logs, bookmarks, saved documents, internet settings & other important stuff from your Galaxy S II.
- Charge your phone’s battery up to at least 50%.
- Disable your phone’s firewall or antivirus.
- Turn on USB debugging on your device from here – Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.
- Install all essential device drivers on your computer.
- Download the official XXLQ5 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware package for your Galaxy S2 from this here – Download Link.
- Download Odin flashing tool from here – Free Download Link.
- Extract the downloaded .zip files of the firmware and Odin on your computer simultaneously.
- Turn off your Galaxy S2 and then enter into download or flash mode by pressing & holding these buttons for a while – Volume Down + Home + Power.
- Right after that, connect your phone with the computer using an appropriate USB data cable.
- Now open up Odin on your PC.
- After that, click on the ‘PDA’ button and select this file – ‘I9100_CODE_I9100XXLQ5_CL753921_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5‘ from the directory where you had extracted the compressed .zip of the XXLQ5 ICS firmware.
- Now click on ‘PIT’ and select this file – ‘u1_02_20120326_emmc_EXT4_8GB.pit’ from the firmware directory.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and then select this file – ‘GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXALQ5.tar.md5′.
- Now click on the ‘Phone’ button and then select this file – ‘MODEM_I9100XXLQ5_REV_02_CL1165929.tar.md5′.
- Now just click on the ‘Start’ button from the application window of Odin.
- Just disconnect the phone from the computer when you see your device booting up or when the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
That’s all, you have now installed this official XXLQ5 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware or ROM on your international Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100. You can now have a smoother & faster user interface, and better support for applications after installing this official firmware update on your Galaxy S II over a previous Android OS version. Have fun !
This post is about:
- android 4 0 4 ice cream sandwich xxlq5 firmware for samsung galaxy s2, download official android 4 0 4 ice cream sandwich xxlq5 firmware, yhs-mystartdefault, rom ice cream sandwich galaxy s2 4 0 4, Download & Install Official Android 4 0 4 ICS Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S2, download official 4 0 4 xxlq5 android ics firmware, download & install official xxlq5 android 4 0 4 ics firmware, download official android 4 0 4 ice cream sandwich xxlq5, android 4 0 4 ics firmware build xxlq5 download, samsung s2 m250k 4 0 4 international rom