ASUS Transformer TF101 is indeed a great tablet with awesome features both for the simple and advanced users. Now the owners of this tablet can take the features to the next edge by installing Stable CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM. All thanks go to XDA Developer Forum Member RaymanFX. There are many bugs in this firmware as it’s in the initial stage. Still many new features like, smoother user interface, better Google apps feature are part of it. If you are willing to install CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM on your ASUS Transformer TF101, then this guide will help you for sure. But before that, let’s have a look at the bugs in this custom ROM.
What’s Not Working in this Stable Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM For ASUS Transformer TF101
- As it’s in initial stage so some bugs are there are in it.
- NTFS R/W is not working.
- Camera and Microphone are not working properly.
How to Install Stable CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM on the ASUS Transformer TF101
- The process may result in losing all of your data like apps, messages, contacts etc. So first of all take back up of all data to work risk-free.
- Uninstall the antivirus from device (if any).
- Don’t let the power of the device to create any problem for you. So keep your device charged at least 50 percent.
- Install ClockworkMod recovery on your phone.
- Download the ROM from here.
- Download Google Apps package from here.
- Make sure to save files on internal SD card of phone.
- Press the VOL DOWN + HOME + POWER buttons to enter into the recovery mode.
- You can scroll through the options by pressing Volume Up and Down button. To make selection of any option, press the Power button.
- Now select the ‘Install Zip From SD Card’ option and choose the .zip file of the ROM from your SD card.
- Select ‘Yes, Install__.zip’ to proceed further with the process.
- The whole process is done. Be patient for the update to get completed. Generally it takes about 2-3 minutes.
- Follow the last three steps to install GAPPS.zip on your ASUS Transformer TF101.
- After the reboot, your ASUS Transformer TF101 will be running on Stable CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM.
That’s it. So now start enjoying your ASUS Transformer TF101 running on Stable CyanogenMod 10 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM . The process is very simple and I hope you will follow it properly. If you face problem in any step, then do let us know by your valuable comments in the comment section below.