To install custom ROMs on your Sony Xperia S and to get full control over it, you must have ClockworkMod recovery installed on it. Now ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0 has been released for Sony Xperia S. Many new features like, smoother user interface, better Google apps feature are part of it. If you are willing to install ClockwokMod Recovery on your Sony Xperia S, then this guide will help you for sure.
How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Sony Xperia S
- The process may result in losing all of your data like apps, messages, contacts etc. So first of all take back up of all data to work risk-free.
- Uninstall the antivirus from device (if any).
- Don’t let the power of the device to create any problem for you. So keep your device charged at least 50 percent.
- Download the CWM file to your computer from here.
- Download the file Fastboot from here.
- Extract Fastboot file and copy the “ecovery-nozomi.img” to Fastboot folder.
- Connect Sony Xperia S to computer and ente into Fastboot mode by pressing the Volume Up button.
- In PC click on “Start -> Accessories -> on Command prompt right click -> Run as administrator”.
- Enter the following commands there.
fastboot flash boot recovery-nozomi.img
- CWM will start flashing.
- Wait for few minutes for ClockworkMod to get installed on your Sony Xperia S.
That’s it. Now ClockworkMod has been successfully installed on your Sony Xperia S. The process is very simple and I hope you will follow it properly. If you face problems in any step, then do let us know by your valuable comments in the comment section below.