The all new Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 runs on XXLAE8 Android 4.0.4 ICS ROM which is the latest version of official ICS firmware. In case, if your device’s firmware has been corrupted or you had installed any custom ROM on your phone, and now want to install or revert your device back to the stock firmware i.e. XXLAE8 Android 4.0.4 ICS ROM, then this post is for you. So, here are the pre-requisites and installation steps you will need to follow in order to update your Galaxy S3 with this XXLAE8 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware :
- Turn off your device’s antivirus and firewall, if you have any such security application installed on your phone.
- Charge your device’s battery up to at least 65% so we won’t get any difficulty during the installation process.
- Turn on USB Debugging from on your Galaxy S3 from – “ Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ” !
- Backup your currently installed ROM or firmware using any compatible application.
- Backup your phone’s important data before installing the firmware.
How to Install or Revert Back to the Stock XXLAE8 Android 4.0.4 ICS ROM on Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 ?
- First of all, download Odin on your computer from here – Download Odin for PCand extract it using any extraction program. It’s a portable tool, so no need to install it separately.
- After that, download the XXLAE8 Android 4.0.4 ICS ROM / firmware for your Samsung Galaxy S3 from this link – Download the Firmware !
- Extract the downloaded .ZIP file of the firmware using WinZip, WinRar or any other unzipping tool.
- Now turn on Download Mode on your Galaxy S3 by tapping these buttons on your device – Volume Down Button + Home Button + Power Button !
- Once you have enabled download mode on your device, just connect it with your computer using a USB data cable.
- Start the Odin application, click on the “PDA” button and select this file –“CODE_I9300XXALE8_554452_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5? from the folder where you had extracted the files of the firmware.
- Now once again, click on the “Phone” button from the application window of Odin and select this file – “MODEM_I9300XXLE8_REV02_REV04_CL1145430.tar.md5″ from the folder containing the files of the ROM.
- After that, click on the “CSC” button and select this file – “CSC_OJV_I9300OJVALE7_CL547448_REV00_user_low_noship.tar.md5″ from the same folder.
- Once you have selected all these files, just click on “Start” button which will start off the setup process.
- Now remove your device from the computer once the process gets completed.
- After that, turn off your phone and get penetrated into recovery mode by pressing the –Volume Up Button + Center Button + Power Button !
- Now select Wipe Cache Partition from - Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Wipe Cache Partition.
- Once it is done, just go back and select the “Reboot System Now”.
Okay, that’s all you were needed to do. You have now successfully installed this XXLAE8 Android 4.0.4 ICS ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S3 and reverted your device back to the stock firmware. If you were stuck during any of the installation procedures mentioned above, then just hit us a feedback or notification in the comments’ section.
Must Read : How to Root Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 ?
This post is about:
- yhs-002, code_i9300xxale8_554452_rev00_user_low_ship tar, CODE_I9300XXALE8_554452_REV00_user_low_ship tar md5, gti9300 srock rom tar, revert to 4 0 4 andriod\, rom original samsung galaxy s3 cricket, samsung gs3 ics rom for cricket, samsung gt i9300 stock roms, wanting to revert back to android ics 4, how to revert to android 4 0