What? You are still using Android 2.2 Froyo on your Galaxy Gio S5660? Oh! So you feel proud that you updated the handset to Android 2.3 Gingerbread? It’s not any matter to be proud on, as you don’t know that you are missing features of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Yeah, you can taste Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your Galaxy Gio S5660. Here is the guide for the same.
If you have ever gone through the task of rooting and custom ROM installation, then only proceed ahead. Though the process mentioned ahead is quite simple to follow, but still, if this is your first time with rooting and custom ROM installation, then better stop here. If you still want to read the process and apply it, then do it at your own risk. We shall not be held responsible for any damage that occur to your device.
- Take the backup of entire data. Though this is optional, but all out of you who have ever done rooting before, must be familiar with its importance.
- Make sure that the battery is charged for 85 percent at least.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your device. For this, navigate to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and then check the ‘USB Debugging’ there.
- Make sure that you have all necessary USB Drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
Install CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on Galaxy Gio S5660
- Download the CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM for your from here.
- Download Google Apps from here.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 with computer by using USB cable. Transfer both downloaded files to its SD card.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 and enter it into the Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up +Volume Down + Power buttons together.
- Navigate to “install zip from SD card” >> “choose zip from sdcard”.
- It will list all files and folders as list. Select the ROM file from this list. The file that you downloaded in the first step.
- Use the Volume keys to navigate through the options. Once you are on the ROM file, confirm the selection by pressing ‘Power’ button.
- The installation of the selected file will begin. Wait for few minutes for the completion of installation.
- Install the Google Apps package by following the same procedure.
- Go to main recovery menu and there, select the option “+++++Go Back+++++” and then “reboot system now”.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 will restart now.
That’s all! You have successfully installed CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on Galaxy Gio S5660.