It’s been two years since the LG released LG Optimus 3D P920. With high-end features, this smartphone was able to grab attention of many. The hardware features of this smartphone are good even as of now, but not the software features. The Froyo operating system that you get in LG Optimus 3D P920, is quite old now. If you own this device, then you must be interested in installing Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on it, right? If this so, then do read out the guide ahead.
If you have ever gone through the task of rooting and custom ROM installation, then only proceed ahead. Though the process mentioned ahead is quite simple to follow, but still, if this is your first time with rooting and custom ROM installation, then better stop here. If you still want to read the process and apply it, then do it at your own risk. We shall not be held responsible for any damage that occur to your device.
- Take the backup of entire data. Though this is optional, but all out of you who have ever done rooting before, must be familiar with its importance.
- Make sure that the battery is charged for 85 percent at least.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your device. For this, navigate to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and then check the ‘USB Debugging’ there.
- Make sure that you have all necessary USB Drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
Install JellyBam Android 4.2.2 Custom Jelly Bean ROM on LG Optimus 3D P920
- Download the JellyBam Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM from here.
- Copy the file, and by connecting your device with PC using the USB cable, paste the file to SD card of your phone. After that, disconnect your phone.
- Switch off your LG Optimus 3D P920.
- Start your device in Recovery Mode by pressing volume up + home and power buttons together. The screen will go blank on the appearance of LG logo on it for second time. Now, use the Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select.
- Navigate to “install zip from SD card” >> “choose zip from sdcard”.
- Now you need to select the file from the no. of options available. In these options, which are actually the files and folders of your Android device, look for the ROM file that you downloaded in the first step.
- Once you get it, use the Volume keys to highlight. Confirm the selection by using Power button.
- The installation of the selected file will begin. Wait for few minutes for the completion of installation.
- Install the Google Apps package by following the same procedure.
- Select the option “+++++Go Back+++++” and then “reboot system now”.
- Your LG Optimus 3D P920 will restart now.
That’s it. You have successfully installed JellyBam Android 4.2.2 Custom Jelly Bean ROM on LG Optimus 3D P920.