LG Optimus L5 E610 has just joined the list of LG smartphones that have received Jelly Bean update. When it comes to sending software updates, LG has a very bad reputation. Anyways, since the update has been rolled out, so owners of this device most likely to be interested in having it, right? If this is the case with you, then just read out the guide ahead.
If you have ever gone through the task of rooting and custom ROM installation, then only proceed ahead. Though the process mentioned ahead is quite simple to follow, but still, if this is your first time with rooting and custom ROM installation, then better stop here. If you still want to read the process and apply it, then do it at your own risk. We shall not be held responsible for any damage that occur to your device.
- Take the backup of entire data. Though this is optional, but all out of you who have ever done rooting before, must be familiar with its importance.
- Make sure that the battery is charged for 85 percent at least.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your device. For this, navigate to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and then check the ‘USB Debugging’ there.
- Make sure that you have all necessary USB Drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
Install Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on LG Optimus L5 E610
- Download Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware from here.
- Download KDZ Updater from here.
- Launch the KDZ Updater on your PC.
- In the ‘Type’ field, make sure that the ’3GQCT’ is selected, and in the ‘PhoneMode’ field, Emergency is selected.
- Connect one end of USB to the PC, and while connecting other end to phone, press and hold Volume Down buttons. This will result your device’s connection with your PC, while the device being in the Download Mode.
- Once connected, you need to select the V20a KDZ file in the KDZ updater. This is the file that you downloaded in the first step.
- Once you are done with the previous step, just click on ‘Launch Software button’. This will start the flashing process.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- Restart your LG Optimus L5 E610.
That’s all. Your LG Optimus L5 E610 is now on official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware. Though the process is quite simple, but still, if you feel our need at any point, hit the comment box below.