All those out of you who are thinking to replace their Galaxy Note N700 with any new device just because of software issue, must wait, and check out this article, as I am writing here the step-by-step guide to install CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ROM on the respective device. This new custom ROM brings new Nexus devices like experience on Galaxy Note N700. Before proceeding ahead to the tutorial, do check out the prerequisites.
- Take the backup of entire data. Though this is optional, but all out of you who have ever done rooting before, must be familiar with its importance.
- Make sure that the battery is charged for 85 percent at least.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your device. For this, navigate to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and then check the ‘USB Debugging’ there.
- Make sure that you have all necessary USB Drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
Install CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Note N700
- Download the CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ROM from here.
- Download the package of Google Apps like Google Play, Google Search etc., from here.
- Copy both of these files to the internal SD card of your device. Of course, by using USB cable.
- Now switch off your device and restart it in the Recovery Mode. For this, you need to press Volume Up + Home + Power keys simultaneously. Soon, the boot logo will appear on screen. Release the keys, when it happens.
- Highlight the ‘Recovery Mode’ option and then press the ‘Power’ button to select it.
- Navigate to “backup and restore > backup”. The backup process will take only few minutes. So, be patient!
- Now go back to the recovery menu, and there, select “wipe cache partition > yes wipe cache”.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset > yes wipe data” , and after selecting the Advanced, navigate to “wipe dalvik cache > yes wipe cache”.
- Navigate to “install zip from sd card > choose zip from sd card”. Here you need to define the file that you wish to install. Obviously, define the file downloaded in the first step.
- Press the Power button to confirm the installation.
- Install Google Apps in the same way.
- After installing both files, just select “reboot system now” in the recovery main menu.
- Wait for a few minutes. Your device will reboot now.
That’s all! You have successfully installed CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy Note N700.