Good news for all out of you who are having HTC One S in their pockets. MIUI v4 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM for HTC One S is out now. This custom ROM brings the latest Android version, the Android 4.2.2 on HTC One S. Read out the guide ahead to learn the installation process.
- Take the backup of entire data. Though this is optional, but all out of you who have ever done rooting before, must be familiar with its importance.
- Make sure that the battery is charged for 85 percent at least.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your device. For this, navigate to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and then check the ‘USB Debugging’ there.
- Make sure that you have all necessary USB Drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
Install MIUI v4 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on HTC One S
- Download the MIUI v4 Android 4.1.2 ROM for your HTC One S from here.
- Connect your HTC One S with computer and transfer the file downloaded above to the SD card of it.
- Copy the boot.img file to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.
- Turn off your device and start it in the bootloader mode. For this, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons together.
- Navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory. There, open the command prompt, in which, type the following command.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After that, key in the following command
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully and then select bootloader and go to Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from SD card >> choose zip from SD card, There select the ROM file that you downloaded in the first step.
- Confirm the selection of file. Installation process will start. It will take few minutes to get completed.
That’s all. You have successfully installed the MIUI v4 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on your HTC One S.