Sony Xperia Z ROM for Galaxy S3 I9300: Do you want to get the look of Sony Xperia Z on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300? If you have been really impressed by the all new Xperia Z smartphone from Sony, but you are having a Galaxy S III, then here’s how you can transform your Galaxy S3 into Xperia Z with the help of this custom ROM or firmware. This custom ROM has been extracted from the Sony Xperia Z smartphone and is as same as the original firmware of the Sony Xperia Z. It comes up with the all new Sony UI, original Xperia Z wallpapers, fonts, ringtones, launcher or theme, keyboard, boot screen, notification panel, app drawer style etc. If you are willing to get the Xperia Z look on your Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone, then here’s how you can flash this official Sony Xperia Z ROM on your Galaxy S3 I9300:
Requirements for the Installation of this Xperia Z ROM on Galaxy S3
(1) Your Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone must have an official Android 4.1.x firmware installed.
(2) Your device must be rooted before able to install this custom ROM.
(3) You must have at least 70% battery backup before proceeding to the setup process.
(4) You must disable the antivirus on the phone (if any).
(5) You must have USB debugging turned on. You can enable it from here - Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.
Sony Xperia Z ROM for Galaxy S3 I9300 – Installation Guide
(2) Backup all your important data i.e. messages, contacts, files, logs, internet settings (access points) etc. using appropriate apps.
(3) Now connect your phone with the computer using a USB data cable and transfer the downloaded .zip file of the Xperia Z ROM to the root directory of your device’s SD card. Please keep in mind that you must transfer the file to your SD card, not your phone storage.
(4) Disconnect the phone from the computer and turn it off.
(5) Now restart the phone into recovery mode by pressing and holding these buttons together – Volume Up + Home + Power.
(6) The recovery menu will now appear. Now select “wipe data/factory reset” by using the volume control buttons for navigation.
(7) After that, select “wipe cache partition” and confirm your selection.
(8) Now, select “install zip from SD card” from the recovery menu and then select the “choose zip file” option.
(9) Afterwards, you will need to select the appropriate .zip file of the Xperia Z ROM from your device’s SD card.
(10) The installation process will now start and shall get completed within a few minutes.
(11) Once the ROM is successfully installed, select the “+++Go Back+++” option and then “Reboot System Now”
(12) Your Galaxy S3 will now restart and you will now see it running on the original Xperia Z ROM.
If you are facing any problem with the setup process, then leave a comment below. And if you have successfully installed the ROM on your Galaxy S3, and have been using it for a while now, then let us know your personal experience with this Xperia Z custom ROM.
If you are not satisfied with this ROM, then you can also flash the CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM on your Galaxy S3.