CyanogenMod Team continues its boon-like work for Android device owners, as this team has just launched the CyanogenMod 10.1 M3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100. It is the fastest and most stable ROM for the tablet till date. The best thing is that you don’t need to compromise with TouchWiz interface, as this ROM comes with stock Android launcher. If you want to install this custom ROM on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100, then follow the below process.
If you have ever gone through the task of rooting and custom ROM installation, then only proceed ahead. Though the process mentioned ahead is quite simple to follow, but still, if this is your first time with rooting and custom ROM installation, then better stop here. If you still want to read the process and apply it, then do it at your own risk. We shall not be held responsible for any damage that occur to your device.
- Take the backup of entire data. Though this is optional, but all out of you who have ever done rooting before, must be familiar with its importance.
- Make sure that the battery is charged for 85 percent at least.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your device. For this, navigate to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and then check the ‘USB Debugging’ there.
- Make sure that you have all necessary USB Drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
- Make sure that your device is rooted and the ClockworkMod Recovery is installed on it.
Install CyanogenMod 10.1 M3 Build Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100
- Download CyanogenMod 10.1 M3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM from here.
- Download Google Apps from here.
- Copy both of these files and paste them to the SD card of your phone by connecting it with your PC/Laptop. Use USB cable for this purpose.
- Turn off your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 and enter it into the Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up +Volume Down + Power buttons together.
- Navigate to “install zip from SD card” >> “choose zip from sdcard”.
- You’ll see number of options there. These options are the files and folders saved in your tablet. In these options, you need to look for the ROM file that you downloaded in the first step.
- Use the Volume keys to navigate through the options and to highlight the ROM file. Confirm the selection of the highlighted file by using Power button.
- The installation of the selected file will begin. Wait for few minutes for the completion of installation.
- Install the Google Apps package by following the same procedure.
- Go to main recovery menu and there, select the option “+++++Go Back+++++” and then “reboot system now”.
- Your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 will restart now.
That’s it! You have successfully updated your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 with CyanogenMod 10.1 M3 Build Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM.