HTC Desire C can now be updated with JellyTime Android 4.2.1 custom Jelly Bean ROM. This ROM is based on CM10.1 source code and brings all of its features, while the bugs being at their minimal. The major features include stability improvements, updated frameworks, updated camera, SuperSU, call statistics to contacts, tweaked bootanimation, nova launcher, esfile etc. Check out this guide to install this custom ROM on your HTC Desire C.
If you have ever gone through the task of rooting and custom ROM installation, then only proceed ahead. Though the process mentioned ahead is quite simple to follow, but still, if this is your first time with rooting and custom ROM installation, then better stop here. If you still want to read the process and apply it, then do it at your own risk. We shall not be held responsible for any damage that occur to your device.
- Take the backup of entire data. Though this is optional, but all out of you who have ever done rooting before, must be familiar with its importance.
- Make sure that the battery is charged for 85 percent at least.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your device. For this, navigate to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and then check the ‘USB Debugging’ there.
- Make sure that you have all necessary USB Drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
Install JellyTime Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on HTC Desire C
- Download the JellyTime Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean custom ROM from here.
- Use the USB cable to connect your HTC Desire C with computer. Now transfer the file, that you just downloaded, to the SD card of your phone.
- Copy the boot.img file to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.
- Turn off your device and start it in the bootloader mode. For this, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons together.
- Navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory. Your need to open command prompt here. For this, right-click on free screen while pressing the Shift button. From the options, select ‘Open a command window here’.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After that, key in the following command
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully and then select bootloader and go to Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from SD card >> choose zip from SD card. There, select the ROM file that you downloaded in the first step.
- Confirm the selection of file. Installation process will start. It will take few minutes to get completed.
- Go to recovery main menu and select the ‘reboot system now’.
- Your HTC Desire C will restart now.
That’s it. You have successfully installed JellyTime Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on HTC Desire C.