Motorola has always been struggling in the Android smartphone marketplace. The company’s devices have not been able to catch the attention of customers, except a few of its devices which did good business. The list of good Motorola smartphones includes the name of Motorola Atrix 2. If you own this stunning smartphone and are in love with it, then let me tell you that your love is going to touch the high sky after installing Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on it. Yeah, you can install it. Here is the complete guide to install CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 custom Jelly Bean ROM on your Motorola Atrix 2.
If you have ever gone through the task of rooting and custom ROM installation, then only proceed ahead. Though the process mentioned ahead is quite simple to follow, but still, if this is your first time with rooting and custom ROM installation, then better stop here. If you still want to read the process and apply it, then do it at your own risk. We shall not be held responsible for any damage that occur to your device.
- Take the backup of entire data. Though this is optional, but all out of you who have ever done rooting before, must be familiar with its importance.
- Make sure that the battery is charged for 85 percent at least.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your device. For this, navigate to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and then check the ‘USB Debugging’ there.
- Make sure that you have all necessary USB Drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
Update Motorola Atrix 2 to CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM
- Download CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM from here.
- Download Google Apps from here.
- Copy and paste both files to SD card of your phone.
- Turn off your device and press Volume down+Home+Power buttons to start it in the Recovery Mode.
- Navigate to “install zip from SD card” >> “choose zip from sdcard”.
- There you will see a no. of options. Use the Volume Up and Down buttons to navigate to the file that you downloaded in the first step. Use Power button to select it.
- Confirm the selection on next screen. The installation will begin.
- Be patient! It may take 2-5 minutes for installation to complete.
- You can install Google Apps in the same way.
- Once the installation is done, just tap +++++Go Back+++++” option to go to Recovery menu. There, tap “reboot system now”.
- Your device will restart now.
That’s it. You have successfully updated Motorola Atrix 2 to CyanogenMod 10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM.