Although the latest version of Windows, the Microsoft Windows 8 has been available for quite some time, but there are many people who are still glued to Windows 7. Actually, most of Windows users have not liked the idea of removing the ‘Start’ button in Windows 8. It seems that they are not pleased with this big step of Windows 8. Anyways, the users’ count of Windows 7 is damn very high. But the interesting thing is that most out of Windows 7 users are using cracked or pirated versions. In such versions of Windows 7, the ‘Windows 7 is not Genuine’ message appears at the bottom of screen. The desktop remains black and users are not allowed to change the desktop and control panel settings.
If the Windows 7 that you are using is not Genuine, then the chances are quite high that you have searched for its solution many times, right? There are many methods by which you can fix the ‘Windows 7 Not Genuine’ error.
If you have tried many solutions so far, but none of them worked for you, then you must read out this article ahead. In this article, I am providing a very simple way to fix this irritating error message.
How to Fix ‘Windows 7 Not Genuine’
- First of all, open the command prompt on your Windows 7. It must be ‘Run as Administrator’. Don’t know how to do so? This is quite simple. Just click on Start button. In the search field, type ‘cmd’. Let it search for your entered query. In the results look for ‘cmd’ under the programs. Once you get it. just right click on it and select the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- Once the command prompt is running as administrator, just enter the following command in it,
- After entering the above given command, press Enter. Wait for few seconds.
- Soon a new dialog box will open. This dialog box has title ‘Windows Script Host’ and message written in it confirms that the command has been completed successfully. It also suggests us to restart the system for the changes to take effect.
- What’s next? Just restart your Windows 7.
- Once the Windows 7 is restarted, the ‘Windows 7 Not Genuine’ is no more.
That’s all. You have successfully fixed the ‘Windows 7 Not Genuine’ error. No need to download any activation tool, not to follow any complex step. Just a simple command and the irritating error is fixed. Nothing can be more simple than it, right?